National Do Not Call List
The National Do Not Call List (DNCL) is a list of telephone numbers of Canadian consumers who want to reduce the number of telemarketing calls they receive. Organizations that make telemarketing calls are not allowed to call phone numbers registered on the National DNCL. Registration is free and numbers remain on the list for a five year period. For more information, visit the National Do Not Call List website at www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca.
Consumers registered on the National DNCL will receive fewer telemarketing calls but there are some exceptions, including:
- Canadian registered charities
- Political parties, riding associations and candidates
- Organizations conducting market research, surveys or public opinion polls
- Newspapers calling to sell a subscription
- Organizations that a consumer has an existing business relationship with. A consumer is considered to have an existing business relationship with a telemarketer if he/she:
- Purchased, leased, or rented a product or service in the last eighteen months from the telemarketer;
- Have a written contract with the telemarketer for a service that is still in effect or expired within the last eighteen months; and/or
- Asked a telemarketer about a product or service within the last six months.
Register on National DNCL
You can register your residential, mobile, VoIP, or fax telephone numbers on the National DNCL by visiting the website at www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca.
HomeEquity Bank’s Practice
HomeEquity Bank subscribes to the National DNCL to make sure we do not contact numbers on the list. However, even if you are not on the National DNCL, and don’t want us to call you again all you need to do is let us know and we will honour your request.